February 10, 2019 by admin 0 Comments

World’s First 3D Human Stem Cell Skin…

“World’s First 3D Human Stem Cell Skin Regeneration Clinical Practice”– ROKIT Healthcare

  • Forming high cell adhesion rate, cell density and autologous extracellular matrix through bioprinting can solve the problems of current stem cell injection therapy of low cell adhesion and cancer induction.
  • Future applications will expand with scar removal, diabetic foot, and pressure ulcer.
  • Signed on MOU on technical cooperation for export of skin regeneration platform to Europe and Turkey

ROKIT Healthcare, a company that develops human long-term regeneration platform, is to be in clinical practice from February. For the first time in the world, Rokit Healthcare starts trials to immunize stem cells and extracellular matrix separated from autologous fat using 3D bio-printer (INVIVO). They are working with Yonsei Severance Hospital and Idea Hospital. “3D autologous stem cell skin regeneration method,” which prints and transplants a donor-free dermis without rejection.

About this new treatment, Rokit Healthcare Ltd (CEO, Seok Hwan You) said it is a new way of solving the most difficult limitations of stem cell therapy. The main problem with current syringe stem cell therapy approaches is that only 10% of the injected cells survive and the remaining 90% or more of the cells are washed away from the affected area and delivered to unintended sites, and it can be carcinogenic. Another problem is that when stem cells are delivered by injection, they are not uniformly distributed onto the affected area, so it is difficult to predict the therapeutic effect. Furthermore, when the cells are densely packed, nutrients and oxygen cannot be delivered, consequently, the cells that are supposed to be cure the diseased area die.

In Rokit Healthcare, it is possible to treat lesions of the same size with the amount of stem cells 10 times lower than the injection therapy due to the fact that the cells are not lost as the printed stem cells and extracellular matrix are outputted as a solid form of the hydrogel. Also, since the cells are output and maintained at an equal density, the proliferation and viability of cells can be greatly enhanced.

In addition, the autologous extracellular matrix (extracellular matrix) was used to rapidly grow cells to accelerate engraftment and tissue formation, and a bioactive scaffold was constructed as an autologous extracellular matrix. . In this way, the bioactive scaffold made of autologous extracellular matrix contains growth factors and cytokines, so that the cell is a network and plays a very important role in the induction of blood vessels and the formation of new blood vessels for growth, differentiation, and engraftment.

Another benefit of this treatment is that it is a non-stitching treatment, so it is effective in minimizing scarring and also for plastic scar reconstruction. This excellent global clinical section of Korea is proceeding with clinical trials in the US and Europe. Also the MOU on technology exporting, skin regeneration platforms, with Slovakia and large hospitals in Turkey has been confirmed in December. If this treatment is successful, it can be extended to burns, diabetic foot as well as scar reconstruction.  There is much attention towards Rokit Healthcare to open up new horizons for advanced medical care.